By entering this website, you agree that you're of legal age in your state to purchase CBD products.
Falsifying your age for the purpose of purchasing products from this web site is illegal and punishable by law!
CBD Tinctures vs Concentrates: What’s the Difference?
For those who have been wanting to try CBD products but are intimidated by all the new terms, here is an explanation of one of the most important things to know: the difference between a tincture and a concentrate.
- Difference in the Amount of CBD in each mL of Liquid of a Tincture vs a Concentrate
- Differences in How Tinctures and Concentrates are Consumed
- What is a CBD tincture?
- How to take a tincture
- What is CBD concentrate?
- Most common ways CBD concentrates are offered in products
Click a link below to read a specific section about Full Spectrum CBD Distillate.
Difference in the Amount of CBD in each mL of Liquid of a Tincture vs a ConcentrateThe main difference between CBD Tinctures and CBD Concentrate is how much CBD is in each mL of liquid. nu-x® CBD Concentrate is available in 3,000mg per 30 mL, which is more more CBD per mL when compared to the nu-x® CBD Tincture which is available with 1,000mg of CBD per 30mL bottle.
Differences in How Tinctures and Concentrates are ConsumedThe other difference between cbd tinctures and cbd concentrate is the way in which the CBD is consumed. With cbd concentrate, many customers choose to vape the liquid, while with the cbd tincture, many customers choose to place it under the tongue (sublingual) or add it with food or drink.
What is a CBD tincture?
A tincture is a concentrated herbal extract. A CBD tincture is made by steeping the cannabis flowers in alcohol, and then keeping it over low heat for a significant amount of time. Once the compounds in the flowers infuse into the spirits, the alcohol is then boiled off. This results in a potent liquid form of the active compounds in cannabis, otherwise known as cannabidiol (or CBD). Carrier oils such as MCT oil, grape seed oil, hemp seed oil, or safflower oil are then added to make it easier to take.
How to take a tincture
A CBD tincture is very potent, so it’s made to be taken in small doses. Tinctures are offered in small bottles with a built-in 1 ml dropper that allows users to take one dose at a time. The tincture can be added to food or drink, especially hot drinks like tea. They can also be taken sublingually, which is where a drop is placed under the tongue and held there for 20-30 seconds.
Video: CBD Tincture by nu-x®
What is a CBD concentrate?
A CBD concentrate, on the other hand, is a suspension or solid that has high CBD levels, usually measures per milligram or by percent of concentration. It can come in various forms and strengths. Some isolates can even be 99% CBD, for example.
Video: Liquid CBD Concentrate made from CBD Full Spectrum Isolate
These are the most common ways concentrates are offered on the market today:
- Pure Hemp CBD Distillate. The percentage of CBD in distillate is typically in the 65%-75% range. Some are sold as-is, and some have terpenes reintroduced for flavor and efficacy. When it’s kept warm and in a liquid form, it’s very viscous. Once it cools, it crystallizes and solidifies similar to the way animal fat does. Anti-crystallization properties can be added to keep it in a liquid state, or it can be vaporized in order to add it to foods.
- Pure CBD Isolate. Isolates are the purest form and can be up to 99% pure. They may also be sold as-is, but they have a bitter taste, so it’s best for them to be added to foods and drinks that can mask the taste
- Liquid Concentrates. CBD liquid concentrate is where distillate is blended into a suspension fluid (like MCT oil, grape seed oil, hemp seed oil, safflower oil, etc) and terpenes or other type of flavoring are added to it. nu-x® disposable vape pens are made this way. They contain only natural ingredients, with no artificial flavorings, dyes, or additives. nu-x® disposable CBD vape pens only contain CBD distillate, terpenes, and MCT oil.
- Solid concentrates. These are either wax, shatter, glass, crumble, or some other form of distillate or isolate that is meant to be vaporized or combusted. These also contain a high percentage of CBD, typically around 90%.
Video: CBD Vape Pen First-Time User Actual Reactions
Shop nu-x® crafted top quality pure CBD Concentrate and CBD Tinctures.